Moore House Group (MHG) provides a range of care, education and support services for children
and young people who have trauma histories, and/or have additional support needs including
autism. Our vision is that our young people receive high quality care that meets their individual
needs, rights and choices.
About the role
The Training and Development Manager will have an integral role in designing and delivering a
wide range of learning opportunities to develop the skills, capabilities and knowledge of our staff
and to build a strong, inclusive, empowered culture. MHG is working towards being an SQA
registered centre to deliver HNCs and SVQs so it is vital the postholder has a sound working
knowledge of assessment and verification.
Based in our Livingston offices, the postholder will report to the Senior Manager, Quality &
Development and will support the design and delivery of people and organisational development
strategies through the management of change, supporting the organisation’s strategic and
operational plans, providing advice and services as required.
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Assessor and Verifier qualifications e.g. D32/33, A1, L&D9DI, D34, V1, L&D11.
- Minimum of 3 years experience of people management in a training and development role, with extensive knowledge of the health and social care sector.
- Experience in training course design and development.
- Sound understanding of awarding organisations e.g. SQA, and student funding bodies e.g. SAAS
You will be a strong communicator, self-aware and accountable as well as having excellent
interpersonal skills. You will also manage conflicting priorities and work to tight deadlines.
Previous experience in a similar post would be ideal.
Full job description, person specification and application form are available via the links below…
Applications should be completed online using the Apply Now button below. If you have any issues, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.
If further information is required, please call 01506 652312